(Repost) Essay: Who Will Write the History of Pioneer Women, Fly Girls and B- Girls in Hip Hop?

(Repost) Essay: Who Will Write the History of Pioneer Women, Fly Girls and B- Girls in Hip Hop?



So the fuck what, you have an school tape of a old school female MC rhyming back in the 1970s. Old school tape cassette collectors, answer the following vital question. Who will write the comprehensive history of Pioneer Women, Fly Girls and B-Girls in Hip Hop, but me - Eva Marie King, MS.


Yeah so like I said in the past I began rhyming as MC Juiccy E in 1976 on 169th Street and 118th Avenue in SouthSide Jamaica, Queens, New York City USA with my "day one" MC Spunky Dee.  MC Spunky Dee would never get on the microphone at park jams or house parties, but she always pushed through a crowd of dudes at any park jam to say to the DJ, "Yo my girl wanna rhyme." 


At age twelve in 1977 we had no fear, hell I practiced damn-near every day with DJ Mike D of the M&M Crew on 169th Street. My rhymes were "fresh," as we use to say as young Fly Girls and B-Girls in the seventies.


Writing this essay is more about letting young girls into my mind and giving my account of Fly Girl and B-Girl history, than bragging about my early days as an MC. My crew and I were "hood stars" long before the term was coined.


In the coming months, I will film and write my opinion on The Sequence (Angie B, Blondy and Cheryl the Pearl), MC Sha-Rock, Zulu Queen MC Lisa Lee, MC Pebblee Poo, Vindy Campbell, MC Sparky D, MC Debbie D, Dimples D, Sheri Sher, DJ RD Smiley. DJ Baby D, DJ Wanda D, Roxanne Shante, Nikki D, Frick and Frack, MC Lyte, Sweet T, Antoinette, DJ Lady Love, Salt N Pepa, DJ Spinderella, DJ Lady B, The Original Sweet Trio (MC Juiccy E, MC Lady Love and MC Devoted D), Sweet Trio (MC Sure Delight, MC Sweet Lee and MC Betty Boo) and The Mercedes Ladies all of who I admire and respect.


The History of Pioneer Women, Fly Girls, and B-Girls will be written and filmed by me Eva Marie King, BA, MS, 


Photograph of #EvaMarieKing, MS captured by: Ray Diaz at #RichAndRotten Melrose in Los Angeles, California USA - circa May 2018

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

(Repost) Lisa, Diane and the Birth of Black Comedy at The Proper Café

Barshon, The Ethiopian King aka Stoney G, Queensbridge Houses first Hip Hop MC audio podcast by Professor Eva Marie King

Statement on my dear Queen Mother Sarah Berniece Lee-King (1927 - 1985) for Mother's Day 2023 Ya baby girl is still killing the game. I love you still for listening to my rhymes every night. Nobody can't eff with me Ma!